Good things that happened today:
1. I woke up at 6:30 with Ben and instead of going back to sleep after nursing him, I stayed awake in an effort to get Christopher to work earlier. However, a few hours later I was dragging, the baby was snoozing, and Megan and Gavin were engrossed in making recipes on Webkinz. I closed my eyes for a catnap, and no one woke me up for two hours.
2. I took all three kids to the grocery store. Normally, I’m not such a glutton for punishment, but it was worth a shot. Giant Foods, allegedly the cheapest store in the area, still gave me sticker shock, but the customer service was excellent. The young female cashier was uber-patient as the kids unloaded every single item onto the conveyor belt and wanted to help bag groceries, and as I headed to the parking lot, an employee offered to load up my minivan. Ben, of course, sat in the Ergo the entire time, happy as a clam.
3. A few hours later when the kids created mischief that required stripping them both to undies, I sent them to their beds while I started the laundry. Fifteen minutes later when I checked on them, Gavin was laying on his bed with his head in Megan’s lap, and she was reading them a story.
4. A visit to the new local sprayground cooled us down in the late afternoon. Vocelli Pizza for dinner – $8.99 for a large two-topping carryout special. Realized that soon we’ll have to start ordering two pizzas for our family.
5. Christopher came home at 7 and I headed to an herb gardening class at church. Chatting with new friends while learning something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Brought home a pot of basil, parsley, and mint.