Good things that have happened in the past few days:
1. Gavin started swim lessons. If I had known that he would be full-on swimming after the second lesson, I would’ve signed him up earlier! Unbelievably, he went from neck-grabber to no fear in two days. I swam with him after his lesson today, and he jumped off the side and swam to me no less than 20 times. Way to go, Gavin!
2. Megan and Ben both caught their monthly cold virus. Usually, this means a nasty cough for Megan and an ear infection for Ben. But they are both doing okay! Why, you ask? Well, Megan is on that new medicine (only one!) Or, it may be because I started taking my children to the chiropractor. Yes, the chiropractor. It’s too soon to tell if spinal adjustments will help my kids stay healthy, but at this point, I’m keeping an open mind.
3. Christopher is in town for the week, and has been able to come home for dinner the past two nights. In fact, Monday he fed the kids dinner and got them ready for bed while I got a massage and went grocery shopping alone. After the kids go to bed, Christopher goes downstairs and exercises and then we watch our shows, which include Jeopardy, Modern Family, and Lost.
4. Ben has slept through the night the past two out of three nights. This is a huge step, especially since I have also (finally!) trained Megan and Gavin not to wake me up in the middle of the night. My kids are night wakers. There’s not a whole lot I can do about their bad dreams and general inability to sleep all night. However, I did teach them to turn on their lamps and soft music and read books until they fall back asleep.
5. I found my Scooba battery charger. It was lost for about a month, and I found it yesterday, on the shelf where I left it. Thank goodness I don’t have to mop my floors anymore!