By Friday I was at the end of my rope. I made pancakes for the kids and Christopher brought us home Bento House (Japanese takeout) for dinner. Christopher was so late the kids were hungry again and ate some of our takeout. Then we sent them straight to bed.

Christopher was late because he stopped at the Sprint store to buy my NEW PHONE. Yes, after 3+ years I got a new one. And not just any phone, just one of the best ones out there, the Samsung Galaxy S III. I feel like a kid who just got a really cool toy.

Then, Saturday morning I got to go with Shay to get a massage and spa treatment. We bought an online coupon to a random spa, and when I called to confirm the appointment, the number was disconnected. Long story short, Shay was calling around the morning before we had planned to go. Of course, she found an amazing place. It was a little more expensive, but it was heavenly. We both got a massage, hand/foot mask, and scalp treatment. Plus, we got to drive the Mustang. With the top down.

When Shay dropped me off, the house was empty. Double bonus. Christopher had taken all the kids to the Farmer’s Market. So I got to shower in peace. Then I started the laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, and ate a leisurely lunch. The kids came home exhausted and the little boys took naps. The day was getting warm, 90 degrees. Unusually hot for Seattle and we don’t have A/C, so we talked about what to do for awhile. Eventually we couldn’t decide so I ended up taking the three big kids swimming at Pine Lake. Christopher doesn’t really like swimming, and he took Logan to the mall. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. The big kids and I had a great time. It was our first time swimming at Pine Lake, and I was impressed. It was clean, and the water felt perfect. There were multiple roped-off swimming areas with lifeguards. Mine were the only kids in the deep water. Ben was jumping off the dock with gusto. After we swam, the kids played on the playground for a while. We even hit the grocery store and McDonald’s (for ice cream!) before heading home. By the time we got home, it had cooled down enough to turn on our whole house fan and cool things down a bit. We slept with the windows open.

Sunday was a usual day at church. The high was 93 today, which required some special action. First, dinner was kebabs on the grill, watermelon, and salad. We ate at four, and by five we had to get out of there. We decided to go on a long drive in our air-conditioned car. We ended up at Snoqualmie Falls and walked around a bit. Then we drove around Mt. Si before heading home around seven. We ate ice cream and Jell-O and put the little boys to bed (Ben didn’t nap today). Now the rest of us are waiting for it to get cool enough to sleep. The inside of the house is 82 degrees. Thankfully, this mini heat wave is almost over. The high tomorrow is 79.


One thought on “Weekend

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s